Meet the Wright Divorce Attorney in Dallas
Taking the Drama Out of Soap Opera Situations…especially Divorce and Custody Disputes…through a Team Kid Approach!
Modify Child Custody
Just like child support can be modified. Child Custody agreements can change as the child grows older or parents situation changes…
Legal Mechanics of Child Support
What you think you know about Child Support CAN hurt you! Find out the specifics and legal mechanics of your specific situation.
Common Law Marriage
Common Law Marriage is sometimes a confusing situation. Although you can have a Common Law Marriage there is no such thing as a Common Law Divorce. Some of the interesting things related to Texas Common Law Marriage include:
- No Time Limit on Common Law Marriage.
- If you Live Together can be considered Common Law Marriage.
- If you “held yourself out” to be married.
- Introduce yourself as husband and wife to other people.
Problems occur if you buy property together like real estate or cars and this property is in the only one person’s name then you might find yourself talking to a divorce attorney and having to get a real divorce.
How Do I Protect Myself Financially
We’ve talked about Spousal Maintenance or Alimony in a previous video. But why are finances really important…
- You may or may not be the person who kept the financial records. If not … educate yourself about your families situation … look at bank accounts, retirement accounts, property, taxes, stock accounts, debts or other things that might come into play.
- Always talk to a Family Law Attorney before announcing you are thinking about divorce.
- Find the best approach and the right time to announce your intentions.
- Our goal is to keep as much peace in your family as possible and be prepared for the unexpected.
Top 4 Divorce Mistakes to Avoid
When considering divorce or already in the midst of one … don’t make these mistakes.
- Making poor decisions out of panic, guilt or greed.
- Not knowing the family’s financial situation (debts and assets).
- Not following the order(s) of the court.
- Lying to your attorney.
Roadmap to Get You to the Right Place
Divorce is hard. With the right legal help you can create a roadmap that will get you and your family to a better place. Start by talking with a Family Law Attorney. They can answer questions specific to your situation and help you plan for today and the future.
For the Wright Dallas Attorney call Kimberly V. Wright at 214-559-7202.
Adoption in Texas
If you are researching Adoption, chances are you’re making life-changing decisions that may have brought up many questions for you and your family.
I would like to help you, whether you are looking to Adopt a child or whether you are looking for help in placing your child with an Adoptive family. Perhaps you are just starting your adoption search, or you already have a child matched with you by a birth parent or an agency, either way I can help you to complete your family, as I have others in the past.
Wills & Probate – Who gets my stuff?
I began my practice in the family and probate courts with the desire to help others through times of family crisis. I am compassionate and I strive to educate clients about Will planning and the probate process and I continue to closely communicate with clients all along the way. Being informed starts to dissolve the ‘drama’.